Monday, December 10, 2007

What will Blogging Bring?

Well after talking about it and thinking about it, I'm going to be about it. Having an innate fear and just overall incompatibility with technology, the act of blogging seemed way too far out in cyberspace for me. Just stick to pen and paper, were my thoughts. But now, after looking at the tools I have at my fingertips to express my own creativity-hopefully inspiring me to dedicate more time to my art-and seeing the influence others have had through their blogs, I have made the initial step. I gave myself a title, posting name, and web address. Thank goodness for great little template programs like this that make it easy for people like me to work online.

I have to admit, I am still a bit afraid. I have never been completely comfortable and confident putting my work out there for others to read. It seems so final to me in some sense when you put forth a piece of writing, as if once it is out there you have let it go, let go of anything you want to revise or delete altogether. Even though the creative process is a constant, where nothing is ever really finished, once it is seen by others it takes on some solidarity, some finality. But I will shrug off the concerns of judgement with the realization that if I am speaking from my heart, yes maybe it could be said better or more poignantly, but it is always true. The truth of my own perceptions anyway. I want to be able to share what feeds my soul with others. For me what "it" is all about-this life we are living- is making connections. Those moments where you look at a piece of art or read some writing that makes you sigh from the fullness of your heart, and think "yes." Even more inspirational is when you make this type of connection with another human being. This I believe is part of the essence of why we are here, to learn about one another, and I am all about that. Coming back to my point, I want this action I am taking to encourage me to be more willing to share; to learn more about my creative process, and to gain encouragement and criticism of my writing.

As always, even if I am nervous about the unknown, I welcome the ride. I hope you enjoy coming along with me.

No comments: